Kay Adams has developed therapeutic writing programs for hospitals and universities in the Denver/Boulder area. She is available for consultation and program development projects. Please contact us for further information.
- West Pines Psychiatric Hospital, Adult, Adolescent and Substance Abuse units. Designed and led twice-weekly journal groups 1988-1990.
- National Center for the Treatment of Dissociative Disorders. Full-time journal therapist, 1990-1992.
- University of Colorado Hospital, cardiac rehab and bariatric programs. Designed and led journal therapy groups.
- Denver Health & Hospitals, Behavioral Health, HIV/AIDS program. Designed and led 30 sessions of journal/poetry therapy each year 1994-2006, funded by Ryan White grants
- Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Awareness program. Designed and led journal workshops at annual Day of Caring 1999-2004.
- Boulder Graduate School. Designed and taught MA curriculum in journal therapy, 1987-1990.
- University of Denver, Master of Arts program. Co-designed and co-taught (with Joy Sawyer, LPC) Writing & Healing curriculum, 2004-2013. Since Fall 2013 have been teaching online and on-campus solo.
- University of Denver, Enrichment Program. Designed and taught journal writing and memoir classes, 2007-present.
- National Federation for Biblio/Poetry Therapy. Designed and taught curriculum and standards for the credentialing of therapeutic writing, 2000-2007.
- Therapeutic Writing Institute. Conceptualized, designed, hired faculty and taught full-service online credentials training program, 2008-present.
Kay has a long history of service work in her local and professional communities. She stands in solidarity with non-profit organizations. To support their important work, she offers 15% fee reductions to all nonprofits who book therapeutic writing workshops or consultations with her.
Please review the workshop or service offerings and contact us. We will be in touch.