What is the Journal to the Self Instructor Certification Training?
The Instructor Certification Training is a professional skills training that prepares qualified individuals to teach the Journal to the Self curriculum, and/or facilitate groups using its methods, in their own communities.
The Center for Journal Therapy is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. [Note: Please check with your state board to check their reciprocity with NBCC.)
Home Study or Intensive?
To help you decide which is best for your style of learning, please read our questionnaire: Is the JTTS Instructor Certification Training Right for You?
All learning is undertaken via written material and CDs in the comfort of your own home or office. The regular price for the Home-Study is currently $1,650.00. A payment plan is available.
TO APPLY: Download and Complete our MS Word Application that you can fill out and email back to us. After the completed application with a resume and two references has been approved, payment can be made by following the links below:
This is a five-day training directly with Kathleen Adams in Denver, starting on Monday evening and adjourning Friday, around noon. The training includes a practice teaching component, a full day of marketing and business development, other interactive learning, and community with peers from around the U.S. and the world. Stage 1 of the Intensive is the same as Stage 1 of the Home Study program and is completed at home. Stage 1 should take 12-14 hours and the associated workbook needs to be completed prior to the Intensive. The Intensive takes the place of the Home Study Stage 2 materials and is obviously more in-depth.
2020 Intensive Dates:
July 27-31, 2020
Regular price is $1,950 plus $475 food and lodging.
After the application has been approved, payment can be made via the links below:
How Long Does It Take?
- Home Study: Although the home-study course is self-paced, we expect everyone to be complete within 6 months of acceptance of application, and we encourage everyone to complete it within 90 days. We currently accept only 26 people per year into our Home Study program.
- Intensive: The Intensive is complete in five consecutive training days (arrive Monday afternoon, leave Friday afternoon). The ICT Intensive is held in Denver, Colorado. Space in each ICT Intensive is limited to 12 people.
The Difference between a Certified Instructor and a Journal Therapist
You do not need to be a psychotherapist or helping professional to become certified as a JTTS Instructor. People from all walks of life are successfully teaching Journal to the Self workshops in their own communities. However, even if you are already trained and licensed as a psychotherapist, this program does NOT prepare you to be, or call yourself, a journal therapist. You will complete this training as a Certified Instructor of the Journal to the Self workshop.
Listen to Carolyn’s experience of the ICT Intensive! Click the Play button to hear:
Susan loved her home study Instructor Certification Training. Click the Play button to listen to her story here:
- Yes I want to begin the process: Please Download the Application Form Here.
- I still have questions: Please feel free to email, call, or submit a question through our Contact Page.
- I don’t know if this is right for me at this time, but I would like to stay in the loop: Please feel free to join our subscriber list (see the right column) and we’ll keep you apprised of news regarding this offering.