Come Write Now! May 19-22, Asheville NC
A four-day celebration of All Things Journal
- Click image at right to download conference program
Optional pre-conference workshops with All-Stars Christina Baldwin, Ann Linnea, Richard Gold, Linda Joy Myers, Judy Reeves
30+ phenomenal breakout workshops by master teachers, authors, pioneers, all-stars
16-21 CE hours for therapists
Use discount code CJT2016 for $40 OFF full conference (thru April 25 only!)
Choose any DAYPASS for $250. Daypasses give access to all program within a fixed schedule. There are three options. Use discount code DAYPASS-1, DAYPASS-2 or DAYPASS-3:
- DAYPASS-1: Thurs 7 pm (opening reception) through Fri 9 pm (Writing with the All-Stars-1), 26 hours, May 19-20.
- DAYPASS-2: Fri 7 pm (Writing with the All-Stars-1) through Sat 9 pm (Writing with the All-Stars-2), 26 hours, May 20-21. Includes Natasha Trethewey and both Writing with the All-Stars. Most popular!
- DAYPASS-3: Sat 8:30 am (breakout sessions D/E) through noon Sun (Writing Yourself Home workshop), 27.5 hours, May 21-22. Includes Natasha Trethewey, Writing with the All-Stars-2, panel discussion, and Writing Yourself Home with Kathleen Adams
Any DAYPASS is $250 plus commuter meal ticket purchased from Kanuga.
QUESTIONS? Write firstname.lastname@example.org
We are gathering at the beautiful 1300-acre Kanuga Conference Center, a mountain retreat setting near Asheville NC. Because of housing limitations at the venue, we can only accept 250 participants, so we encourage your early response. Register today at the April discount of $40 ($410) to confirm your space. Register by April 25 for $40 off! Use code CJT2016 when prompted for a discount code at registration form.
This Conference is for YOU, if You Are:
- A journal writer of any level of experience
- A therapist, coach, facilitator, or helping professional who uses journals with clients
- A teacher or instructor of writing or journal writing
- A student/alumni at the Therapeutic Writing Institute, a member of the Journalverse, or a certified instructor of Journal to the Self® workshops
- Interested in the use of journal writing for healing, growth, and change
- Kay Adams, A Pioneer Looks at Thirty
- Natasha Trethewey, 2007 Pulitzer Prize winner and 2012-14 US Poet Laureate
Pre-Conference Workshops (Thursday, May 19):
- Christina Baldwin, author of Life’s Companion and Storycatcher
- Ann Linnea, author of Deep Water Passage and partner with Christina Baldwin in PeerSpirit®
- Judy Reeves, the Lively Muse, author of A Writer’s Book of Days and Wild Women Writing
- Richard Gold, author of Writing with At-Risk Youth and founder/director of the Pongo Teen Writing Project
- Linda Joy Myers, author of The Power of Memoir and founder/director of the National Association for Memoir Writers
- Trip to Carl Sandburg’s home, including a guided tour and writing on the grounds
Plus, Your Registration Includes:
- Your choice of a wealth (30+!) of 90-minute breakout sessions and three-hour depth presentations from some of the top thinkers, leaders, and practitioners in the field
- The breakout sessions are themed (you can mix-or-match as fits your interests) into six categories:
- Creative Arts
- Life Story
- Professional Growth
- Symbols and Metaphors
- Opening wine and cheese reception Thursday evening
- Writing with the All-Stars (Christina Baldwin, Ann Linnea, Richard Gold, Linda Joy Myers, Judy Reeves) in evening writing circles
- All programming on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning
- You’ll share housing in charming cottages, most of which have comfortably furnished, screened-in front porches. All meals are included in your very reasonable lodging fee. It’s like summer camp for journal writers!
- Housing costs at Kanuga are: Shared twin room, Thurs-Fri-Sat nights, $320. Single room (limited availability), Thurs-Fri-Sat nights, $416. Add Wednesday night for pre-conference workshops, $105.
- If you prefer more traditional housing, we are contracting for a room block at an inn in Hendersonville. Shuttle service will be provided.
- There are four airports that serve Kanuga. Ashevelle (AVL) is the closest; within approximately an hour’s drive are either Tri-Cities (TRI) or Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP); about two hours away is Charlotte International Airport (CLT). Here is Kanuga’s webpage on travel; scroll down for flight information. A shuttle from Asheville airport to Kanuga will be available at $25/each way. Reservations are required; email your flight info to email@example.com.
Continuing Education Hours:
- Depending on your choices of workshops and pre-conference workshops, there will be 16-21 hours of continuing education available.
- The National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) has approved the Center for Journal Therapy as a provider of continuing education (ACEP #5782).
- Application is pending with the National Association for Social Workers (NASW). We expect approval by mid-April.