Coming mid-September 2013! Sign up below for launch notice.
Hi! I’m Kay Adams. In 1985 I started teaching journal writing classes. In my very first class, six of my friends sat on my living room floor and wrote their hearts out and read their scribbled stories out loud. It was one of those moments when I could actually feel the trajectory of my life shift. I knew with certainty that my work in the world was to make the healing power of journal writing accessible to all who desired self-directed change. In that moment, I made a vow to follow this work wherever it would lead me.
Fast-forward to now. Welcome to the Journalverse!
What is the Journalverse?
The Journalverse is a learning community of journal writers and facilitators worldwide. It is a gathering place for those who know the power of writing to heal, change and grow—who are passionate about writing’s potential for better living—who want to learn directly from the thought leaders, authors and experts in the field— who want to soak up all the creative inspiration and take it straight to their own writing—who want interesting and fun new friends to write with – and for some, who want to hone their skills and share what they know.
Whether you are joining at the Personal level, for your own personal growth, creative expression, life management, or writing practice….
…or whether you are joining at the Professional level, because you facilitate others using writing as part of your ongoing work, as a therapist, coach, certified instructor, community leader, teacher, facilitator, spiritual director, mentor, supervisor, guide….
…you’ll find robust community, smart experts, friendly authors, awesome writers, fun activities, circles, stories, and a sense of belonging that feeds the soul.
Each month you’ll receive….
- LIVE! with Kay—an interactive writing workshop with Kay and a guest author or teacher (always recorded and archived)
- Ask the Experts—live Q/A radio show with Kay and experts in writing process (always recorded and archived)
- The Prompt Jar—weekly writing prompts, sometimes silly, sometimes serious, always stretching you into new discoveries
- Poem of the Month with writing prompts—a favorite feature for 15 years
- Story Corner—short storytelling podcasts and blogs featuring you, our members
- Member Spotlights—introducing yourself and your passion for journals to our community
- Discussion forums—where members gather to meet up with friends, create conversations, and start small circles of shared interest
- Notes from the Journalverse—our community gathering space/blog for announcements, happenings, Kay’s journal, book reviews, research news, and more.
- PLUS special bonuses and unexpected delights!
- All of this for $14/month!
If you join as a professional member, you will receive all of the above plus…
- Consultation Clinic—Kay and an expert (often the UK’s premier journal therapist and senior supervisor, Kate Thompson) in interactive process, taking questions about specific cases, standards of practice, writing interventions for particular client populations, writing group formation and management, strategic solutions to difficult dynamics (always recorded and archived)
- Professional discussion forums–where members gather in special interest groups for resource sharing and peer exchange
- CEUs for some events (approved CE provider by the National Board of Certified Counselors [NBCC] — check your licensing board for reciprocity)
- PLUS special bonuses and unexpected opportunities!
- All of this for $19/month!
And if you join in the first two weeks of launch, you’ll receive 50% off your first month! Sign up below for notification of launch.
Each session is like a mini-conference. I leave feeling energized, validated, informed, and above all connected!–Linda Barnes, MS, CJF, CAPF, President, National Federation for Biblio/Poetry Therapy