Journals Quick & Easy for Counselors
with Kathleen Adams LPC
If your journal group needs a jump-start… take heart! And join us for a lively, fun, fast-paced workshop. In one day you’ll receive a journal toolkit guaranteed to get your clients writing. Special attention is paid to the needs of clients with low literacy, high resistance, cognitive impairment, trauma histories, or substance abuse histories. This workshop can be customized to meet the needs of contracting organizations.
What You Will Learn
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Practice, apply and teach five journal skills
- Offer journal therapy to clients with cognitive impairment, low literacy, or high resistance.
- Facilitate a curriculum for a 6-week journal therapy group
- Adapt and apply journal interventions to a variety of clinical populations
Who Should Attend
- Substance abuse counselors
- Counselors working with low-literacy or cognitively impaired clients
- Counselors working with high-resistance populations
- Professional counselors
- Clinical social workers
- Clinical teams in hospitals, agencies, treatment centers, in/outpatient psychiatric services
- School counselors
This program is approved for 6 hours of continuing education by the National Board of Certified Counselors.
To book Kathleen Adams for this training, please contact us